Altai mountains (or Altai Republic) is definitely our favourite travel destination in Russia, and when an opportunity occurs we always try to go there. You can read the post about our last trip here – Ukok plateau 2012.
The first part of our trip (the southern side of Teletskoye lake) on Google maps:
The key points:
- Aktash village (50.307342,87.607920)
- Ulagan village
- Katu-Yaryk mountain pass (50.910731,88.224927)
- The Stone Mushrooms camping
- The Stone Mushrooms
- Balyktcha village (51.286247, 87.715025)
- Teletskoe lakeside (51.359132,87.764728)
And the second part of our trip — Aktru mountain (about 4.000m).
The same highway, M52 “Chuya Highway”.
Balykcha village near our first destination – Teletskoye lake.
I envy those people who live in such a beautiful place. Though living there has its negative sides – it’s a remote village among the mountains, and I think it’s difficult to supply it with food and other goods in winter.